In the battle of the dominance of CMSs (Content Management Systems), there are three major platforms: (1) WordPress (2) Drupal (3) Joomla. However, there are several situations where WP doesn’t fit as a right CMS of choice. The reasons could be anything. It could be the lack of accurate balance of the features and development or the team is feeling adventurous. And, due to that if you’re thinking to migrate WordPress to Drupal then you must know that the process of migrating the WordPress to Drupal must be fairly straightforward for a solid basic transition.
Though at the time of migration of a WP based website to Drupal, developers face some major challenges but, I hope the following steps would make this procedure easier for you. Let’s get started!
Login WordPress Admin
• First of all, login to the admin panel of the WordPress
• After that, navigate to Tools -> Export
• Then, download the XML file that should contain “All Content”.
To read about LARAVEL- ALL WHAT’s, WHY’s, HOW’s REVEALED
Ensure XML using xmllint
• After successfully completing the first step, move on to the second step
• Ensure XML file is valid utilizing the xmllint via command line because WP migrate is particular about valid XML.
• The xmllint basically comes pre-installed on OSX
• After that open the terminal and type xmllint testwordpressexport.xml
• In doing so, it will show you the mistakes in the XML file and make proper fixes to the XML file.
• Thereafter, run the xmllint again to ensure that errors have been rectified appropriately.
Installing Drupal Modules
After completing first and second step, install the proper Drupal modules
Then follow the below-given process:
• Migrate- a robust Drupal module to migrate all kinds of content
• WordPress Migrate – Then, migrate the sub-module that permits you to execute WordPress migration without any need for writing code!
• Migrate Extras – It offers functionality for importing the clean URLs utilizing Path-auto
• Path-auto – It renders functionality to get clean URLs in Drupal
Navigate to find content screen
On completing the above steps and logging into Drupal, navigate for finding the content screen and then press enter on the WP Migration tab.
You can also take a look at IOT WILL TRANSFORM THE WORLD-KNOW HOW?
Choose “Import from a File”.
Now, select the valid XML file you saved previously.
Now, finally navigate to finding the content for ensuring the data imported properly.
Let me clarify that path of WordPress images might stay unaffected. It is the main reason behind broken images problems and, it could be solved by searching out and replacing the appropriate paths in XML file before importing into Drupal.
For free consultation Contact Us
So, it’s been clear that migrating a WP based website to Drupal is actually not a high-tech procedure and, the success depends upon the error-free XML file. In case of any query or suggestion, please feel free to contact us. To get more related information, stay tuned!